di ba matagal na tayong nagtatanung ngayon PLHIV (People Living with HIV) na tayo, kung may magagawa pa tayo, kung may maitutulong pa tayo? without divulging our identity to the general public???
this is the opportunity, kaya sign up na kayo, most especially for US who are active online in the different social media anonymously -- marami tayong maaaring itulong, all we need is proper training, i am sure maraming lumalapit sa atin online para magtanung, mahirap sumagot pag hindi tayo sigurado, hindi natin alam kung saan irereffer --- this training will answer all these issues and we can finally be confident in helping others, and know that our efforts are making our community safer and more aware.
sana ay makasama namin kayo dito...
ako si BONG
ito ang aking diary
Peer Educators Training for PLHIV
CALL FOR APPLICATION
The Department of Health, through the National AIDS STI Prevention and Control Program (NASPCP) under the Infectious Disease Office (IDO) of the National Center for Disease Prevention and Control (NCDPC), invites applicants for the TRAINING ON PEER EDUCATION FOR PEOPLE LIVING WITH HIV (PLHIV) on September 2012. This training aims to: (1) capacitate PLHIV to become peer educators; and (2) provide support services and continuum of care to PLHIV through the formation of a support group. Details of the training will be sent to the qualified applicants.
To qualify, he/she must:
1. be a PLHIV
2. be empowered and actively involved in support groups or care and support organization
3. have at least one year experience/involvement in providing care and support services to PLHIV
4. have good writing / speaking skills
5. be capable of preparing client profile and narrative report of client intervention
6. have undergone training on Sex, Gender and Sexuality
7. be articulate in Tagalog and English (or local dialect)
8. have a spirit of volunteerism
1. Application letter addressed to NCDPC-NASPCP
2. Essay on unforgettable experience(s) as a peer educator. State issues and how these were addressed.
3. Separate Recommendation/Endorsement from the Superior / Head of Organization and Two (2) peers/colleagues
4. Supporting documents for training attended
Considerations for Selection of Applicants:
Basic Course on General Counseling
Updated on programs implemented by national government and NGOs
aware of referral mechanism
Has basic knowledge on HIV and STI, ART, RA 8504,TCS services
Must be familiar with human anatomy
has undergone formal training on peer education and group facilitation
Capable of preparing client profile and activity report
Articulate in Tagalog and English (or local dialect)
Sensitive, emphatic, open-minded, good listener, good communicator, trustworthy
Committed to serve peers on a voluntary basis
Interested applicants must submit all documents on or before Friday, August 17, 2012 to:
Peer Education for PLHIV Training Secretariat
National AIDS STI Prevention and Control Program (NASPCP)
3rd Floor, Bldg. 14
Department of Health
San Lazaro Compound
Sta. Cruz, Manila
For further details, please contact NASPCP at (632) 495-0149 or email