Loveyourself Inc. in partnership with City Health Department, Makati City & Philippines Business Sector Response to HIV announces the availability of volunteer opportunities as Peer Educator for the Love Yourself Project (TLY). Requirements are as follows:
1. The heart to help: all TLYP volunteers have the genuine heart to help, regardless of personal benefit or remuneration.
2. Actual experience or observable potential for skill acquisition related to teaching, facilitating, or training.
3. Commitment to being part of the Peer Educator Pool for at least 1 year.
100 selected candidates, from the registration will attend the Makati HIV SUMMIT (Peer Educators Workshop) on FEBRUARY 24, 2012 (Friday) - 9am to 5pm - Makati City Hall Session Hall. Register here: (http://theloveyourselfproject.blogspot.com/p/hiv101-summit-registration.html)
Upcoming HIV Testing Schedule : March 4, 2012 (Makati City)
Peer Educator is first and foremost a peer -- he is the same and equal with his audience. As such, he is able to easily relate to his audienceʼs specific circumstances, to intimately understand their challenges, and therefore more effectively facilitate not only learning but, more importantly, the application of such learning. In short, a peer educator is a very effective instrument to inspire, initiate and encourage behavior change among members of his audience. This workshop enables one to be a Peer Educator. In this workshop, one learns the following:
(1) the fundamental body of knowledge on the topic of STIs and HIV/AIDS;
(2) issues faced by people who are most at risk to be affected by HIV/AIDS ;
(3) facilitation and teaching skills to effectively deliver a learning session among peers. A critical goal of this workshop is to raise the self-awareness of its attendees so as to rid themselves of prejudices that stand in the way of being a true peer to his audience.
From the 100 participants of the HIV101 Summit, 30 people will be asked to attend the 3-day HIV Confidential Counseling and Testing Counselors workshop on March 23, 24, 25 (Stay-IN at FRIENDSHIP SUITES)
If you are interested, we would like to invite you to register as a potential Peer Educator here:
Registration ends February 19, 2012, or when all slots are filled up, whichever comes earlier.